Complete Your Bachelor's in Computer Science Online
Seize your opportunity to be a part of tomorrow's technological advances today. Join Auburn University's Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering in the top-ranked Samuel Ginn College of Engineering, where we aim to prepare students with the professional insight and computer science prowess they need to excel in their careers in the developing digital world.1
Our online Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS) degree allows students to finish their undergraduate degrees in a dynamic and innovative online learning environment, where traditional instructional methods are merged with modern technology. The program is offered 100 percent online, which means you can move your career forward from any location and earn a diploma from a nationally recognized university on your own terms.1
As an online student, you'll join the Auburn Family, a warm community of fellow scholars which extends beyond our physical campus and into our innovative online network, helping to keep you connected to your peers and professors every step of the way.
Apply by May 7th for May 17th start.
- SACS accredited
- 100% online
- Graduate in as few as 2 years
- 20 required courses totaling 60 credit hours
- 2 courses per term, 7.5 weeks per course, 5 terms per year
- Earn your bachelor's degree in one of Payscale's Top 5 Highest Paying Majors2
To find out more about joining our program, view the admissions requirements and application deadlines here.
Acquire Skills that Can Take You Further
With great emphasis on both theoretical computer science and a hands-on application of learned skills, our team of distinguished faculty members prepares you to stand at the vanguard of technological progress. Put yourself in demand by learning the skills needed to innovate, and engage in a wide range of interdisciplinary topics, including:
- Information technology (IT)
- Operating systems
- Network platforms
- Various programming languages used in the field
- Computer network design
- Database management
- Web and mobile app development
For more information, view our admissions requirements here, or reach out to an Admissions Advisor at 855-500-3038.
Build Your Future with the Online BCS Degree
From the apps and smartphone you can't live without today to the technological innovations of tomorrow, computer science and software engineering continue to make a global impact that improves our everyday existence. Computer science and software engineering have become vital fields in our society and continue to influence our day-to-day experiences.
That's why Auburn University is proud to offer the online BCS degree program, which is designed for students who currently hold a bachelor’s degree, or have earned credits toward their first. Ideal for students looking to enter or advance in the in-demand fields of computer science and software engineering, this could be your opportunity to prepare for a field that ranks as both one of Glassdoor’s Top 50 Best Jobs in America3 and one of their Top 25 Highest Paying Jobs.4
Enroll with us today and equip yourself with the skills and knowledge needed to become a sought-after computer science professional.
A Top-Rated Experience
- Top 50 Public School by U.S. News & World Report3
- Top 60 Best Undergraduate Engineering School by U.S. News & World Report4
- Top 50 in Best Values in Public Colleges by Kiplinger
- A Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations, Cyber Defense and Information Assurance as designated by the National Security Agency
1. Retrieved on July 31, 2017, from usnews.com/best-colleges/auburn-university-1009/overall-rankings
2. Retrieved on July 31, 2017, from payscale.com/college-salary-report/majors-that-pay-you-back
3. Retrieved on July 31, 2017, from glassdoor.com/List/Best-Jobs-in-America-LST_KQ0,20.htm
4. Retrieved on July 31, 2017, from glassdoor.com/List/Highest-Paying-Jobs-LST_KQ0,19.html